Director of Discipleship
- Doctor of Philosophy (candidate), Flinders University
- Doctor of Ministry, Adelaide College of Divinity
- Master of Ministry Studies, Tabor Adelaide
- Bachelor of Ministry, Tabor College Victoria (Now Eastern College)
- Company Director’s Course, Australian Institute of Company Directors
Born in country Victoria, Tim began his ministry in inner-city Melbourne, before moving to Adelaide, where he had also spent several years as a teenager. He has a diverse ministry experiences, and has previously pastored in a larger regional church; lived in intentional community in inner urban marginal cultures in Melbourne; led an intentional young adult discipleship program; presented school seminars; and established CitySoul, a new congregation in the inner city of Adelaide.
He has been on faculty at Uniting College since 2013. Alongside this, he is also currently Minister at Malvern Uniting Church with his wife Priscilla. He a regular speaker on faith, culture and Christian discipleship. He is also the co-host of The Unmade Podcast.
- Spirituality for 21st Century Disciples
- Beyond Sunday: Intro to faith, Life & Work
- Church Planting
- Youth & Young Adult Ministry
- Radical Missional Discipleship
- Media & Communication in Contemporary Culture
- A Public Faith in a Secular Age
- The Basis of Union of the Uniting Church in Australia
- Hein, T.J. (2017). Educating Lay Leadership and Ministry for the Future. In David Houston, ed. By Word and By Deed: Lay People in the Uniting Church – Learning and Living the Faith, and Making a Difference. Unley, Australia: Mediacom Education Inc, pp. 329-344.
- Hein, T. (2018). Understanding Sexual Abuse: A Guide for Ministry Leaders & Survivors, Chicago: IVP.