Vice Principal/Director of Discipleship
- Doctor of Philosophy, Flinders University (Cand)
- Doctor of Ministry, Adelaide College of Divinity
- Master of Ministry Studies, Tabor Adelaide
- Bachelor of Ministry, Tabor College Victoria (Now Eastern College)
- Company Director’s Course, Australian Institute of Company Directors
Tim is an ordained Minister in the Uniting Church. He has had diverse ministry experience, and has previously pastored in a larger regional church; lived in intentional community in inner urban marginal cultures in Melbourne; led an intentional young adult discipleship program; presented school seminars; and established CitySoul, a new congregation in the inner city of Adelaide. Tim is also an elected Councillor on City of Mitcham and Chairperson of the Adelaide Theological Library. He has a particular interest in governance.
He is a regular speaker on faith, culture and Christian discipleship. He is married to Priscilla and has two young daughters. He is also the co-host of The Unmade Podcast.
- Spirituality for 21st Century Disciples
- Beyond Sunday: Intro to faith, Life & Work
- Church Planting
- Youth & Young Adult Ministry
- Radical Missional Discipleship
- Media & Communication in Contemporary Culture
- A Public Faith in a Secular Age
- The Basis of Union of the Uniting Church in Australia
- Hein, T.J. (2017). Educating Lay Leadership and Ministry for the Future. In David Houston, ed. By Word and By Deed: Lay People in the Uniting Church – Learning and Living the Faith, and Making a Difference. Unley, Australia: Mediacom Education Inc, pp. 329-344.
- Hein, T. (2018). Understanding Sexual Abuse: A Guide for Ministry Leaders & Survivors, Chicago: IVP.